Proverbs 15:29 The LORD is far from the wicked, but he hears the prayer of the righteous.
The believer knows that God hears and answers prayer; that He has a plan for us to prosper; will fight our battles and overcome our enemies. However, we have to operate in His will to reap these benefits. God’s Word says we can have confidence that when we pray, He hears us and we have the petitions we desire of Him. The only requirement is those petitions must be made in accordance with His will for our lives.
The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. James 5:16
I believe that everyone who prays wants God to say ‘yes, I will.’ However, we must be right with God if we expect Him to grant us the desires of our heart.
5 Tips To Align Your Life With God’s Will
1. Study. Study to know God’s will for your life. Read His Holy Word frequently. You must know God’s will and expectations in order to meet them. As in the world, ignorance of the law does not exempt one from the consequences of breaking it. God has given us the instructions for life in His Word. It is our responsibility to follow them. In contrast to worldly laws, when we break or don’t follow God’s instructions we can ask for forgiveness and our slate will be washed clean. Reminder! You must forgive others if you wish to be forgiven. 1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
2. Evaluate. Evaluate your behavior. Are you engaging in behaviors that are sinful or out of God’s will? If your answer is yes, and for the majority of us it is, eliminate that behavior. That may not be an easy task but be assured that all things are possible through God. Matthew 19:26 But Jesus looked at them and said to them, “With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”
The first step in eliminating the sin is recognition and acceptance that you are a participant.
3. Pray. Pray and ask for God’s strength to remove this behavior. Fellowship with other believers. Plan alternate activities to occupy you when you would normally engage in the sinful behavior.Philippians 4:6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
4. Give Thanks. Thank the Lord for His many blessings including removing the targeted sin from your life. Give thanks before you see the manifestation of your prayer being answered. Behave as though you believe the sin has been removed. Consciously avoid situations which may tempt you to fall back into old patterns of behavior. Colossians 4:2 Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.
5. Repeat. Repeat steps one through four until all sinful behavior has been removed. As you can probably anticipate, this will be a lifelong process as we are sinful creatures by nature. However, when we choose, we can be led by the Spirit [Holy Spirit] and not the flesh.
We do not have to be sin free for God to hear and answer our prayers, but we must be in His will. Before you seek God’s intercession into the difficulties in your life clear the pathway for communication. Remove the sins that may block your communication. Give thanks for what He has already done and for what He is about to do. Believe [God’s Word], Trust [have faith], Pray.
Share the love of Jesus with someone today. The more you give the more you receive.
Healthy Life Church Ministry Team.