John 3: (NIV)
16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life
Christians are expected to love one another and share God’s love. How can we share God’s love? Are there certain skills or techniques one applies? Hmmm!!!
As resurrection Sunday approaches, the thoughts of many believers turn to God’s display of His unfathomable love for us. While those of us living today were yet unborn, God displayed His love by allowing His Son, Jesus to die on the cross for our sins. As a parent I would willingly give my life for that of my child. However, I am much less willing to sacrifice my child to save my own life yet alone that of a stranger. Although I do not believe that it is required that we die for a stranger. We are expected to make sacrifices and do kindnesses for others, friends and enemies alike. It is virtually impossible for us, in our flesh, to make such sacrifices.
Philippians 4:13 NKJ I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Yet through God’s power we are able to return hate with love, evil with good, unhappiness with joy. The non-secret is that we do these things through HIM, and not of ourselves. The following tips are for use with those we find, unlovable, unlikeable, hateful, mean, evil, etc. It does not take a special approach to return good for good.
TIPS TO SHARE GOD’S LOVE
1. Look beyond the external. Evaluate the situation. What about this individual makes it difficult for you to share God’s love and kindness? Has the individual mistreated you; spoken against you; is he unlike you—different ethnic group, too rich/poor, too ugly/beautiful, has too many faults, made too many mistakes, etc?
2. Look at self. Do you have any characteristics or traits that might set up blocks for your communicating with this individual.
3. Identify a solution, one thing you can do to share God’s love with this individual. Here are a few no/low cost actions you can take. Smile, hug, call, pray for the individual, perform an act of kindness—run an errand, perform a service or complete a chore
4. Invite the individual to participate in an activity that will bring love and caring from others.
5. Actively seek others who may not be receiving much love from those around them.
6. Pray for God’s intervention and help in completing the 5 tasks above.
Support our outreach ministry and leave a love donation.
Have a blessed day.
Healthy Life Church Ministry Team